Spirit Week

MONDAY: Its not how others see you, its how you see yourself!

How many suffer from mental illness?
Did you know 1 in 5 americans suffer from some kind of mental illness? What aboutAbout 11.4 million adult Americans suffered from severe mental illness in the past year and 8.7 million adults contemplated serious thoughts of suicide. Among them, more than 2 million made suicide plans and about 1 million attempted suicide.

This was according to a study that was done in 2010. Nearly 3 years ago. Now, did you know that 60% of americans with mental illness will get treatment? That means the other 40% will leave it alone. They ignore it, suffer in silence, or they commit suicide. No one should have to face mental illness alone.

If you or someone you know has a mental illness, please seek help. If you feel are you suicidal please contact someone ASAP.

Here is a link I think you mind find helpful:

Anyone love bacon? I do! My whole family does! So, I plan on making this for Valentine's Day :) Just fold it into the shape of a heart, and bake at 375 for about 10-20 minutes. I can't remember, so just keep checking on them lol. It's so cute and simple kids will love it! Even your spouse. You can put a cheesy line to go with it lol. DON'T GO BACON MY HEART! See! And Viola! A perfect little breakfast to start a LOVE day :)


Wacky Wednesday. Here is a wacky thing to do to get your house smelling awesome!
Use a pint (2 cup) jar, container, or pot to combine scent waters. Add ingredients to container, cover with water, and choose from these options:
--simmer on stove top, topping off with more water as it evaporates
--add heated mixture to a slow cooker, fondue pot, or something similar that will keep mixture heated. Preheat waters to a boil (in microwave or on stove top). As water evaporates, always top it off with HOT water to keep the temperature as high as possible. Higher heat = more fragrance.


1. Orange, Cinnamon & Spice. 1 orange, 2 cinnamon sticks (or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon), 1/2 tablespoon whole cloves (or 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves), 1/2 tablespoon whole allspice (or 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice), 1 anise star (optional)

2. Lemon, Rosemary & Vanilla. 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary, 2 lemons, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

3. Lime, Thyme, Mint & Vanilla. 3 limes, 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme, 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, 1 teaspoon vanilla.

4. Orange, Ginger, & Almond. 1 orange (or peel from 2 oranges), 1 4" finger of ginger, sliced (or 1 tsp ground ginger), 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.

5. Pine, Bay Leaves, & Nutmeg. Handful of pine twigs or needles, 4 bay leaves, 1 whole nutmeg, outer layer grated into mixture.
Or you can click HERE to get pictures of the step by step process :)

No comments:

Post a Comment