Friday, December 6, 2013

Merry Christmas...Secret Subject

Hello!! I am apart of the Secret of Subject Swap! I love doing these. Some are easy and fun and others challenge me like no other.(I love the challenges).

Its hosted by the lovely Karen over at Baking in a Tornado


My subject is:
 
Which Christmas movie best describes your family/home during the holidays, and why?
It was submitted by: http://www.theinsomniacsdream.com/


This one is tough. It depends. Do you mean my immediate family?(Husband, myself, kids and our cats. Or The entire family) I will my immediate family. 

For my husband, myself, our kids and our cats...hmm. Its tough. We are making our own traditions, our cats are normal(eating the decorations, tree, and breaking the decorations). We are doing the Elf on the Shelf. Its so much fun. 


 
I will have to say for us, we are like A CHRISTMAS STORY. I love that movie! Yes, its true lol. The decorations, trying to stick with traditions, teaching the kids to be good. No BB guns(YOU WILL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!). Its not exactly us(we don't have a crazy aunt who sends bunny costumes to the kids), but it describes us fairly well.
 
 
Instead of just one kid convincing his parents and Santa about the perfect toy, we have 3. I think I picked the perfect the movie. If you have not seen the movie, watch it when it comes on the TV closer to Christmas. You will not be disappointed.
 
Oh and we do not own the leg lamp. Yet. Yes, I said yet lol. I love that lamp. It is one awesome lamp!
 
Now that I have written my story, I will let you hop on over to the read the other bloggers down below.
(I would of written more, but I am sick and cannot stop coughing. Owie!!!)
 
Searching For Sanity.. (I love this name!!)
Evil Joy Speaks (I promise to get your link right)

6 comments:

  1. LoL! I could picture you guys in A Christmas Story. I'd have to say that, for me, it would be Christmas Vacation......The Hubs is SO Clark Griswald! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watch that movie every year! My husband always asks for the leg lamp. We are even the family who has too many things plugged into the outlets. Great choice.
    Cheers to your family for a peaceful holiday season. i.e.. Don't wash out any mouths with soap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting prompt! Now I have to go watch all my Christmas movies to decide which one is most like my family. HA HA! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you picked such a sweet and classic movie.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ashamed to say, I have never watched it. Weird, I know. Maybe this is my year!!

    Hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!! The lamp is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete